Sunday, March 20, 2011

When the minutes drag

The person writing this is all out of sorts today.   I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with me, but there are times when I can't seem to get comfortable in my skin.  I feel like I should be somewhere else, doing something else, anywhere but what my existence is at that particular moment.   It's that itch that I can't scratch, a feeling of unrest and anxiety that makes me queen bitch for the day.   I've not yet found a way to pull myself out of that sort of funk successfully, short of barricading myself in a room and going to sleep.  Since that is rarely an option on most days, I just have to push through and try not to make everyone around me miserable.    I guess today I'm just angry for no reason…. which usually means I'm angry about a million tiny things that irritate me over a course of time, and it's compounded to a mood of seemingly unreasonable proportion to those looking in from the outside.    Whatever, it is what it is, and I'll just have to ride it out.

Song challenge of the day is to provide your favorite song from a movie.  Fairly simple for me, since one of my all time favorite songs just happens to be in a John Hughes movie called "She's Having a Baby".   The film itself is cute and quite tolerable if you can stand Kevin Bacon, but I always thought the soundtrack was way too cool for the movie itself.    You wouldn't expect to hear Kate Bush ('This Woman's Work' is also on the soundtrack, brilliant and sad song for sure) and Love and Rockets in a fluffy mainstream flick, but it was a fun surprise to hear such good tunes in the movie.

This song grips me and shakes me around on the inside when I listen to it.  It always has had that effect on me, because I know all to well how to feel those lyrics.   The minutes drag for me a lot, quite especially when I get locked into another place in my mind that has way of sucking me in, and I never quite know what the trigger will be.    Sometimes it's good, other times, not so much.   Regardless, it happens.   That's another time that calls for just riding it out, I suppose.

Anyhow, enjoy.  This is my favorite Love and Rockets song.  It's fairly close to what I would call a perfectly honest love song.



No comments:

Post a Comment