Friday, March 25, 2011

Time Warp

Well, it's Friday. I feel complicated. Now, I know that is not a typical adjective used when describing a mood, but I have so much jumbled up in my brain from the events of the week that it's really very accurate. Not bad, not good. Complicated. Which probably means I can't really figure it all out myself. This is probably due to the fact that I'm most at peace with routine. Over the years I've become good friends with constants, and change tends to throw me for a loop.   As luck would have it, I just happen to have had a lot of change dumped on me this week. I suppose I'll eventually get to discussing those changes around here at some point, but not today.

Not sure how many of you reading this were around for my birthday meltdown last summer, but it wasn't pretty. I don't tend to put too much thought on age, and have never had any trauma over getting older, but this year took me down the road to a house I like to call '1 Crazy Bitch Place'. Maybe it's because I never really imagined myself at the age I am now. ( Hell, I was glad to make it to 25 in one piece.) Or maybe it's because I was slapped with the realization that my oldest son and all the kids he grew up with are pretty much adults now. I don't know what caused it, seeing as how I'm still technically young, but it was a doozy. I sure hope that means that I have another decade before I freak out about something as silly as a number again. That would be pretty nice.

Don't worry, I'm going somewhere with this. The song challenge today is for me to post a song that I hear on the radio that I love. Well, I don't listen to the radio.  People think I'm nuts because it takes me about seven months longer than the rest of society to recognize a hot mainstream new single, singer or band. However, I tend to be pleased with myself about it, because I cherish my bubble, where I am in complete control regarding what finds it's way into my atmosphere. On the rare occasion that I leave my iPod at home and I get talked out of driving in silence by one of the kids, the radio does get flipped on. What's so surreal is that I recognize nothing unless it's being played on one of those 'kind of oldies' radio stations that are always piped into a dentist's office waiting room. You know, the ones that play music that is usually around twenty five years old. But, hey. That's ok, because it's still better than most of the garbage pumped out today.

I actually heard this song last week sitting in…. yes, the orthodontist's office waiting room. Joan Jett was one of my idols, my crush on her has not lessened much over the years.   She needs no introduction.


2 comments:

  1. There is a particular time I remember that was accompanied by that track.

    I'm glad you reminded me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said there I thought everyone should have a soundtrack to accompany their life's events and memories. Glad it triggered something pleasant for you.

    She was a right bad ass.

    ReplyDelete