Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 3: Happiness


Today I'm supposed to post a song that makes me happy. Easy enough. I can think of lots of songs I like, then I can sit there and come up with a million and one deep reasons that these songs resonate with me. Well, today I'm not going to do that.  After all, there's enough deep shit going on in the world today without my having to wax poetic over anything meaningless.    I'm just playing a song that I'm happy driving to on a sunny day. Windows down, alone, taking in the sights of my city. My head nods in time to the music and I feel great.

p.s. I grew up in the one of the largest hip hop capitals of the world. YES, I listen to some of it. YES, I like it… as a matter of fact, I will listen to nothing else while working out.

2 comments:

  1. I like this short but sweet blog. Thanks.

    And who's got issues with hip hop? I rather like that song. I like a lot that Jay-Z does. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I do love this remix. I get snide comments about liking hip hop and rap from people all the time, I can't believe it's never happened to you. But alas, I'm ultimately not interested in being as 'cool' as they are.

    Thanks for the comment, beautiful. Wish I was dancing with you this weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete