Sunday, April 3, 2011

Collaborations


I find myself struggling to write anything worth reading today. I suppose that's where posting every day for thirty days becomes a challenge. Sometimes I'm just devoid of anything interesting to say. I've been sitting with my calendar planning the upcoming free week to the hour, so much for attempting to be 'go with the flow'. I've done that before and got absolutely nothing done. I'm one of those all or nothing types. I can either knock out thirty things from my to-do list in two hours if I structure myself or I can contemplate being productive for nine hours in my robe and only manage to pop a new K-Cup into my Keurig and pluck my eyebrows in that amount of time. Besides, being spontaneous can stress me out.

I used to be pretty spontaneous, actually. But over time life has made it harder to do, not to mention the fact that I absolutely despise surprises. I always have. I like to know what's coming, ok?  Aren't there enough unforeseen shit storms in life to keep things just a tad off kilter? Blame it on my personality type, I don't have any other explanation for why I am this way. I am soothed by order and enjoy the process of preparation (unless we're talking about packing for a trip, that is torture).

I enjoy anticipating things as much as actually doing them. I do try to be social and get myself out there, but I've no shame in admitting that I'll make plans to do something with someone, look forward to it for a long time and then when it comes down to walking out the door, the dread of having to leave washes over me and I end up having to be pushed out of the house as I dig my heels in like a mule.   For a former social butterfly, this used to be disturbing. Now it's just accepted, social anxiety is not so mind blowing considering the fact that most public places one would socially frequent is full of assholes. Restaurants are fine because you can retain your personal space. Other places make it harder to control your immediate environment, which I think is what I don't like. I don't like big crowds and people all up in my face. The only reason I make myself do it is because I don't want to end up a shut in with ninety cats twenty years down the road… though the more I think about it, the more appealing it sounds (sans the ninety cats).

Song challenge: Favorite collaboration. Not my thing, glad others make it work. I'm a control freak, so I can only really work well with others if I'm in charge or as an employee, sharing the decision making process is not fun for me and doesn't come easily, just ask my husband. I have collaborated on projects before, and so long as the person I'm working with is on my same creative and goal oriented wave length things do work out, but there is always a nagging desire to rip the work out of their hands and fucking do it myself…. the right way. This makes me giggle, because I must say 'team player' at work at least five times a day when interviewing people for jobs.

Peter Murphy, Trent Reznor, Jeordie White and Atticus Ross doing 'Warm Leatherette'. Ahhhhh. What's not to love? (Well, except for the fact that I see Adam Sandler when I look at Trent Reznor in this video and it freaks me out…. am I the only one that sees it?)  I don't think I'll ever stop being mesmerized by Peter Murphy's singing voice.  He makes me go weak in the knees the minute he opens his mouth.  






No comments:

Post a Comment